As a leading college that specialises in vocational courses and qualifications, we are ideally positioned to prepare the workforce of the future with the latest skills and training that employers in Oxfordshire, across a number industry sectors, demand.
Our recruitment team share decades of experience from a variety of backgrounds and have their fingers firmly on the pulse of the local business and economic landscape.
Whether you are looking to hire an apprentice for the first time or expanding your offer, reaching out with work experience opportunities, or just want to know what options are available to you, read on to find out more.
Employer Testimonials: The University of Oxford
Listen to Clive Shepherd, Apprenticeships Manager for The University of Oxford, discusses the importance of apprenticeships to the University.
Apprenticeships are a foot in the door for those looking to kick-start their career. As an employer, you could be a part of their journey, helping them to develop their practical skills, gain qualifications, and identify potential talent for your business.
So how can we help?
- Advertising available positions across our various online and offline marketing channels, including the Government’s ‘Find an Apprenticeship’ service.
- Our business development team attend various events and workshops across Oxfordshire, proactively searching for candidates
- We can qualify applications to ensure they are an honest reflection of the applicant
- We regularly run assessment sessions where we explain to applicants what’s expected from them, assess their English and maths, and outline the recruitment process, before finally having an interview with one of the business development team
- There is also support available for interviews. Our extensive experience in this area means you call upon us for advice with candidates you are looking to employ, or we can even sit on interview panels if you’re recruiting an apprentice for the first time
- But most importantly, we work closely in partnership with employers and offer all of the above free of charge as we want to find an apprentice who is the right fit for you and your company.
Why not get in contact with a member of our team today?
01235 216 216 | firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out more about employing an apprentice.
Because our students study in industry-standard facilities, learning skills relative to their vocational course, the employers we work with are perfectly placed to engage and present to student groups at the College. This is beneficial to students, who gain insight into working life, and also to employers who can spread their knowledge and promote their business at the same time.
What’s more, students work on ‘live briefs’ in classes during their time in College – either as a personal or group project – preparing them for real workplace scenarios and also for their timetabled work experience placements, of which 16-19 year-old students must undertake a minimum of 35 hours. Once again, this strengthens ties between what you learn at college and applying it in a job.
If you think you can offer work experience, or have a project our students could undertake, let us know: email@example.com.