Rebound - a Covid-19 skills led recovery plan
Abingdon and Witney College is the most celebrated, recognised and successful further education college in Oxfordshire. We are renowned for working in partnership with thousands of local people, employers and wider stakeholders in the region to change lives and communities by delivering vocational, professional and technical training of the highest quality in an inclusive and responsive way.
We are therefore highly committed to supporting our local and regional economy to recover from the COVID-19 pandemic through the deployment of a suite of existing and new initiatives, with a skills led recovery plan underpinned by the objectives to be achieved between August 1st 2020 and July 31st 2021.
- Revitalise: That we will train a minimum of 165 new apprentices
- Reinvigorate: That we will train a minimum of 45 new trainees
- Reengage: That we will engage with a minimum of 100 employers ensuring they benefit from the new incentive payment schemes available for Traineeships (£1,000 per trainee supported) and Apprenticeships (up to £2,000 per apprentice recruited) between August 1st 2020 and January 31st 2021.
- Reach: That we will upskill, reskill or train a minimum of 250 unemployed or employed adults in the region through community learning hubs across Oxfordshire and / or online delivery methods.
- Restart: That we will engage with a minimum of 100 employers with eligible training to support new staff funded by the Government’s Kickstart initiative.
- Reenergise: That we will extend our teaching and learning for a third year to train a minimum of 50 18-19 year old learners in a high value level 2 or level 3 qualification to ensure they do not become economically inactive.
- Redefine: That we will offer a guaranteed place for all eligible adults wanting to enrol on one of our full or part time Access or Higher Education (HE) courses.
- Refocus: That we will offer a guaranteed place for all eligible full time 16-18 students whose ambition is to pursue a professional or technical career through one of our courses.
- Reassure: That we will provide a Covid secure learning environment in line with emerging and evolving government requirements. We will deliver onsite, online or a combination of both.
Download a copy of the plan:
Matt Phelps (Vice Principal for Apprenticeships and Employer Engagement) outlines the nine programs from the College's skills led COVID 19 response: the Rebound Scheme.
Send us a message:
Abingdon and Witney College would love to hear from you if you would like to support us in delivering this commitment to help recover our local and regional economy, or if you would like our support in helping you to move forward.
Please contact our Employer Services team who will be more than happy to help, or fill in the form below and one of the team will get back to you:
email@example.com | 01235 216 216