Course code: QCAT105P
Subject area: Art & Design
Study level: Part Time
Course level: E
6:45pm - 9:15pm
12th Jan 2023 - 30th Mar 2023
01235 555 585
This course allows you to progress and consolidate your learning at your own pace. This can accommodate complete beginners and those with some prior experience of life drawing, including some who have completed this course previously.
The course content includes:
· Looking at ways to represent the model
· Drawing in pencil, charcoal and pastel.
· Mark making exercises.
· Proportions of the head.
· Line construction and tonal drawing.
· Introduction to human anatomy.
· Experiments with style.
Do not buy any materials until your course is confirmed as running.
For the first session please bring:
- A small set of good graphite pencils ranging from HB to 6B such as Derwent or Faber Castell. A good rubber/eraser such as Windsor and Newton or Faber Castell, (not a plastic rubber as they smear), A box of willow charcoal, (medium sticks). Drawing paper: a good cartridge pad A3 or A2. Cartridge paper is heavy slightly rough paper that has been prepared for drawing, it comes in weights 150gsm to 300gsm. Cheap paper is usually smooth and difficult to shade on, although you might like to get a cheap pad as well for quick exercises.
Please note there will be no session on 16/02/2023
Abingdon and Witney College is subject to Ofsted regulation and is required to work with all its students to make sure they understand Government initiatives around Safeguarding, Prevent and Fundamental British Values. Information on these matters will be shared with you during your course.
You will also be asked to complete monitoring paperwork, which helps us to deliver course content to the highest quality.
16 - 18 Fee
Tuition Fee: £151.25Exam Fee: £0.00
Total Cost: £151.25
19+ Reduced Fee
Tuition Fee: £90.75Exam Fee: £0.00
Total Cost: £90.75