Digital Content Creation - Beginners (online)

Course code: WCZS002P

Subject area: Digital Technologies

Study level: Part Time

Course level: U

Course details

7:00pm - 9:00pm

Wednesday

20th Jan 2021 - 31st Mar 2021

Online

Contact details

enquiries@abingdon-witney.ac.uk

01235 555 585

With 1% of adults generating content that will be read by the other 99%. , content creation is set to become a productive income generator for the 1%. This introductory course provides an overview of content creation formats, including blogging, vlogging, podcasts, webinars, infographics, e-books and social media account maintenance. This fascinating introduction provides learners with a starting point for generating their own content and a guide to best practice and entry points.

This course will cover: Week 1: what is content creation; what you need to know before you start creating; commonly used content creation formats Week 2: social media account maintenance Week 3: blogging Week 4: vlogging Week 5: podcasts Week 6: webinars Week 7: e-books Week 8: infographics and GIFgraphics Week 9: content creation marketing secrets Week 10: pitfalls and industry key advice; further key tips on editing and publishing content; how to research keywords; next steps

Abingdon and Witney College is subject to Ofsted regulation and is required to work with all its students to make sure they understand Government initiatives around Safeguarding, Prevent and Fundamental British Values. Information on these matters will be shared with you during your course.

You will also be asked to complete monitoring paperwork, which helps us to deliver course content to the highest quality.

Learners are actively encouraged to produce content for publishing by the end of the course.
This is a beginner’s course therefore no prior knowledge is needed but a good understanding of the English language is useful due to the nature of the course and basic computer use including how to use a mouse.

Courses can fill fast, so please enrol early to avoid disappointment. Decisions on whether a course is to run are made two weeks prior to the start date - an email will be sent to you should there be changes to your course or if it is cancelled. Please check your inbox leading up to your course, including the junk folders. For anyone without an email account, our Admissions team will phone you instead.

For the first week of the course you will need to bring a valid form of identification; this includes passport, driving licence, debit/credit card, Birth Certificate or National Insurance card.

Please note - you should be 19 years old or over at 31st August 2020 prior to starting the course.
The cost of the course is £98.00

Courses offered by the college are fully or partly funded by the Government and the published fee takes account of this funding.

Before starting a course, the College is required to check you meet conditions relating to that funding, e.g. age, residency status within the UK/EEA, prior qualification level and employment status. In some circumstances (such as with online enrolments), these checks can only be completed after you have enrolled and paid.

If you are unable to pay in full for this course at the time of enrolment, and the course tuition fee is £300 or more, an instalment plan is available. If this is your preference, please do not enrol online but rather call the Admissions Team on 01235 216400 to enrol.

Once enrolled, Admissions will take the first instalment payment from you and pass on your details to the Finance team who will email you to set-up your payment plan. Please return a fully completed instalment plan to Finance as failure to do so could result in being withdrawn from your course.

The 19+ full fee button displays the full fee that may apply. As the rules on fee reduction are complicated, we would encourage you to talk to our Admissions Team on 01235 216400 to discuss these options. You can also visit the Course Fees & Finance page by searching 'Fees and bursaries' at the top of the page.

16 - 18 Fee


19+ Fee

Tution Fee: £98.00
Exam Fee: £0.00

Total Cost: £98.00


19+ Reduced Fee

Tuition Fee: £58.80
Exam Fee: £0.00

Total Cost: £58.80

As this is a non-accredited course, there is no formal qualification. However, you will be asked to complete activities that demonstrate how you are progressing on your course.