Help with fees
Nothing should stop you from learning, no matter what your age or situation, and that includes finances.
Before you get started, remember that you can contact our friendly Admissions team to go through your options – simply email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01235 555 585.
Depending on your circumstances, there are support schemes available to help you with travel, childcare, or the day-to-day costs of studying. Knowing whether or not you qualify for support can be confusing – use the information below to find out if you could be eligible for a reduced fee:
You are aged between 16-18
You are aged 19 or over and any of the following apply:
- You are enrolling on a Maths or English language course.
- You are enrolling on an ESOL course and are unemployed.
- You are studying for your first FULL Level 2 qualification.
- You are studying for your first FULL Level 3 qualification.
- You are unemployed and any of the following apply:
- You are in receipt of Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA), including receipt of National Insurance credits only.
- You are in receipt of Employment and Support allowance (ESA) and are in the work-related activity group (WRAG).
- You are in receipt of Universal Credit, earn either less than 16 times the National Minimum Wage a week or £330 a month and are determined by Jobcentre Plus (JCP) as being in one of the following groups: All Work-Related Requirements Group; Work Preparation Group; Work-Focused Interview Group.
- By our discretion in certain circumstances if you are in receipt of other state benefits, are unemployed but do not meet the criteria for one of the other categories, or are in employment and wish to progress to more sustainable employment.
Other things to note
You will be asked to sign a self-declaration if you claim for any of the above and may be asked to provide evidence. The cost of course fees and financial support are subject to change. Fees are paid one year at a time and subsequent payments are due at the beginning of each academic year.
Advanced Learner Loans:
- If you are aged 19-23 and already have a FULL Level 3 qualification, you will need to apply for a loan to study at Level 3 or above, or pay the full fee.
- If you are aged 24 or over and wish to study at Level 3 or above, you will need to apply for loan or pay the full fee.
Need to know more? Contact our Student Services team today to talk through your options – email email@example.com or call 01235 555 585.