Learn English (ESOL) or a Foreign Language
ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) and Modern Foreign Language Classes
On-campus or in-company
We can offer ESOL and Modern Foreign Language classes at your company’s premises or we can offer you and your employees classes at our Abingdon or Witney campuses.
Courses at your company’s premises
We will design a course to meet one or more people’s needs:
- One-to-one courses: We will analyse the learner’s needs and design a personalised, bespoke course.
- Group classes: We can offer classes for a number of learners with similar levels and needs.
ESOL Courses at our Abingdon and Witney campuses
If you want a full-time course (15 hours per week) we offer a personal programme focusing on the skills you need. If you prefer part-time, we will build a course which caters for the individual’s needs. The following classes are offered:
- English for Work: This is a general course to help you with all aspects of working in the UK.
- General English and Skills courses: You can choose from General English courses and skills courses for people who want to focus on a particular aspect of English; these include Speaking, Grammar, Listening, Reading, Writing and Vocabulary.
- Citizenship: Citizenship is integrated into all of our General English classes.
Part-time Modern Foreign Language classes at our Abingdon and Witney campuses
We offer daytime or evening classes for the following languages: French, Negotiation Skills in French, German, German Conversation, Italian, and Spanish.
There is a wide range of courses at all levels from Entry 1/Beginner to Level 2/Advanced. We can also offer Level 3 (Post-advanced) courses where necessary.
Exams and Certificates
- On our ESOL courses students work towards the Cambridge ESOL Skills for Life Certificates in Speaking and Listening, Reading, and Writing. Alternatively we can offer courses which prepare students for any of the Cambridge main suite exams (PET, First Certificate, Advanced Certificate or Proficiency) as well as IELTS.
- On our foreign language courses all students work towards an NVQ qualification.
Placement Test and Needs Analysis
We will test the levels and needs of your employees in order to match them with the most suitable course.
For more information, including course dates and times and fees, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call the college on 01235 555585.