Tuition fees: £0.00
Exams fees: £0.00
Total cost: £0.00
Subject area: Sixth Form Blended Offer
Course Type: Part Time
This course can only be taken in conjunction with 2 A level choices at the following schools:
• John Mason
Regulated by Pearson, this course is graded from P (pass) to D* (Distinction*) and is equivalent to one A Level.
Sport links to a range of careers that involve all aspects of this industry, including:
• PE teaching
• Sports Therapy
• Strength and Conditioning in Sport
• Sport Development
• Performance Analysis in Sport
• Sport Science and Nutrition.
Skills you will need:
• Ability to select and deploy relevant information to support different views
• Independent study skills
• Willingness to ask questions and participate in discussion in class
• Willingness to take part and reflect on performance in practical sessions
• Ability to present to groups
• Willingness to think critically about different sports.
Aside from the two external assessments for Units 1 and 2, observation of practical work will also be used. Written assignments are submitted online for all other units.
Learning will depend on a variety of lesson techniques, including:
• Reading and note taking
• Individual research (e.g. interviews, questionnaires, observations)
• Debate and discussion
• Practical sport sessions.
BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate in Sport
There are four units of study, of which three are mandatory and two are external:
• Unit 1: Anatomy and Physiology (externally assessed)
• Unit 2: Fitness Training and Programming for Health, Sport and Well-Being (externally assessed)
• Unit 3: Professional Development in the Sports Industry
• Unit 7: Practical Sports Performance.
Trips and visits may be offered as part of your programme of study but these will be optional and fees will be collected throughout the duration of the course. Details of cost will be provided during the enrolment process if not already above.
There are bursaries available to help you with other course cost, call 01235 216 298 for more information.
All tuition fees currently given are for the 17/18 academic year.
The 19+ full fee button displays the full fee that may apply, the rules on fee reduction are complicated and we would encourage you to talk to our Admissions staff on 01235 555 585 to discuss your options. Also see the Course Fees & Finance page under the Info Centre link at the top of the screen.
Date: 10 Sep 2018 - 05 Jul 2019
Location: Abingdon Campus