Tuition fees: £0.00
Exams fees: £0.00
Total cost: £0.00
Subject area: Engineering
Course Type: Part Time
This course can only be taken in conjunction with 2 A level choices at the following schools:
• John Mason
Equivalent to one A Level, this qualification provides a broad basis of study for the engineering sector. It has been designed to support progression to higher education when taken as part of a programme of study that includes other appropriate BTEC Nationals or A Levels.
Maths GCSE at grade B/5 or above, and 4 GCSEs at grade C/4 or above including English.
You will need:
• The ability to select and deploy relevant information to support arguments
• Independent study skills
• A willingness to ask questions and participate in discussion in class
• The ability to analyse information critically and plan solutions
• An eagerness to understand the engineering world and how it works
• A willingness to think critically about Engineering solutions
• A keen interest in report writing and the ability to think reflectively on feedback.
Learning methods and assessments are a mix of online tests, written and practical assignments, both within the College and externally.
Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate in Engineering
• Unit 1: Engineering Principles (external online assessment)
• Unit 2: Delivery of Engineering Processes Safely as a Team (internal assignment)
• Unit 3: Engineering Product Design and Manufacture (synoptic external assessment)
• Unit 41 Manufacturing Secondary Machining Processes (internal assignment)
• Degree options in Engineering disciplines, Computer Science and Mathematics
• Engineering operative
• Manufacturing operative
Trips and visits may be offered as part of your programme of study but these will be optional and fees will be collected throughout the duration of the course. Details of cost will be provided during the enrolment process if not already above.
There are bursaries available to help you with other course cost, call 01235 216 298 for more information.
All tuition fees currently given are for the 17/18 academic year.
The 19+ full fee button displays the full fee that may apply, the rules on fee reduction are complicated and we would encourage you to talk to our Admissions staff on 01235 555 585 to discuss your options. Also see the Course Fees & Finance page under the Info Centre link at the top of the screen.
Time: 09:00 - 17:00
Date: 10 Sep 2018 - 05 Jul 2019
Location: Abingdon Campus