Tuition fees: £0.00
Exams fees: £0.00
Total cost: £0.00
Subject area: Health, Care & Early Years
Course Type: Full Time
This course can only be taken in conjunction with 2 A level choices at the following schools:
• Henry Box
• Wood Green
• Chipping Norton
Regulated by Pearson, this course is graded from P (pass) to D* (Distinction*) and is equivalent to one A Level.
Progression from the course could lead to a number of career routes, including:
• Nursing – Children, Adult, Disability
• Occupational Health
• Youth Work
• Social Work
• Caring/Nursing Assistant
• HND in Health & Social Care
• Teaching Assistant
• Primary School Teaching
You will need:
• Effective communication skills which will enable you to work with peers in class and group discussion
• Independent study skills
• A willingness to ask questions and participate in discussion in class
• The ability to analyse information critically
• A genuine interest in working with a range of people in a supportive capacity
• Awareness of contemporary issues within the Health & Social Care sector
• A willingness to think critically about the world around you
• A keen interest in writing essays and the ability to think.
Unit 1 and 2 are externally assessed via written exams, including short-answer questions and extended essay answers. Unit 5 and 14 are internally assessed via coursework.
BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate in Health & Social Care
• AS Unit 1: Human Lifespan Development (externally assessed)
• AS Unit 5: Meeting Individual Care and Support Needs
• A2 Unit 2: Working in Health Social Care
• A2 Unit 14: Physiological Disorders and their Care
Trips and visits may be offered as part of your programme of study but these will be optional and fees will be collected throughout the duration of the course. Details of cost will be provided during the enrolment process if not already above.
There are bursaries available to help you with other course cost, call 01235 216 298 for more information.
All tuition fees currently given are for the 17/18 academic year.
The 19+ full fee button displays the full fee that may apply, the rules on fee reduction are complicated and we would encourage you to talk to our Admissions staff on 01235 555 585 to discuss your options. Also see the Course Fees & Finance page under the Info Centre link at the top of the screen.
Time: 09:00 - 17:00
Date: 10 Sep 2018 - 05 Jul 2019
Location: Witney Campus