Tuition fees: £0.00
Exams fees: £0.00
Total cost: £0.00
Subject area: Sixth Form Blended Offer
Course Type: Part Time
This course can only be taken in conjunction with 2 A level choices at the following schools:
• Henry Box
• Wood Green
• Chipping Norton
This is a new specification for BTEC Business introduced in September 2016 and is aligned to the new UCAS tariff. The course is graded from P (pass) to D* (distinction *) and the tariff points will range from 8-28. The course is divided into 4 units, three are compulsory and the fourth is an optional unit chosen by the college.
The focus of this course is to understand business through the development of practical skills and therefore there is a strong emphasis on practical application of skills. However, there will also be theory sessions and an expectation to further knowledge by independent research.
You will need:
• A desire to investigate business further
• An enquiring mind
• The ability to read and follow instructions
• The ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
• To be able to demonstrate skills through role play and practical application
This course includes a variety of internally and externally assessments. Asssessments take the form of practical demonstrations, written assignments and exams.
Level 3 Extended Certificate in Business
Unit 1: Exploring Business
• Explore the features of different businesses and analyse what makes them successful
• Investigate how businesses are organised
• Examine the environment in which businesses operate
• Examine business markets
• Investigate the role and contribution of innovation and enterprise to business
Unit 2: Developing a Marketing Campaign
• The role of marketing
• Influences on marketing activity
• Using information to develop the rationale for a marketing campaign
• Planning and developing a marketing campaign.
Unit 3: Personal and Business Finance
Learners study the purpose and importance of personal and business finance. They will develop the skills and knowledge needed to understand, analyse and prepare financial information.
• Understand the importance of managing personal finance
• Explore the personal finance sector
• Understand the purpose of accounting
• Select and evaluate different sources of business finance
• Break-even and cash flow forecasts
• Complete statements of comprehensive income and financial position and evaluate a business's performance.
Unit 8: Recruitment and Selection Process
• Examine how effective recruitment and selection contribute to business success
• Undertake a recruitment activity to demonstrate the processes leading to a successful job offer
• Reflect on the recruitment and selection process and your individual performance.
The Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate in Business is for learners who aim to progress to higher education and ultimately to employment in the business sector. The qualification is equivalent in size to one A Level and aims to provide a coherent introduction to study of the business sector
Trips and visits may be offered as part of your programme of study but these will be optional and fees will be collected throughout the duration of the course. Details of cost will be provided during the enrolment process if not already above.
There are bursaries available to help you with other course cost, call 01235 216 298 for more information.
The 19+ full fee button displays the full fee that may apply, the rules on fee reduction are complicated and we would encourage you to talk to our Admissions staff on 01235 555 585 to discuss your options. Also see the Course Fees & Finance page under the Info Centre link at the top of the screen.
Time: 15:15 - 17:15
Days: Tue & Thu
Date: 10 Sep 2018 - 05 Jul 2019
Location: Witney Campus